Soon will be gone the days where you had to look at a furniture or a car with a catalog on one hand showing you the different finishes, options, patterns and colors the manufacturer has and try to imagine how it would look when you got the real thing. An startup , with a is able to simulate and project onto a neutral color demo unit (cheaper than a regular one) a Realistic Virtual Projection of any finish, colors, patterns, options, etc… that the manufacturer currently produces.
Soon will be gone the days where you had to look at a furniture or a car with a catalog on one hand showing you the different finishes, options, patterns and colors the manufacturer has and try to imagine how it would look when you got the real thing. An startup, Vizera Labs, with a Tablet, a Special Projector and some clever software is able to simulate and project onto a neutral color demo unit (cheaper than a regular one) a Realistic Virtual Projection of any finish, colors, patterns, options, etc… that the manufacturer currently produces.
For the client, it’s like going to Manufacturer Plant, he can almost touch everything (on the catalog) as if he was on the plant checking on all models, versions, combinations, etc… No more guessing, a happier and satisfied customer when he receives exactly what he was immersed in and expected, he didn’t have imagine, just went through all the different combinations available as if he were been show every real final product, thanks to the fact that now have a real “3D Realistic WYSWYG“.
On the other hand, you have a happy Company:
- It’s able to close more up sales, as is easier to sell a tangible vs an intangible.
- Since it does not have to invest as much in stock as before, it’ll not need to lease as much display area and moreover it should decline the cost of the non realizable stock, that would otherwise need to be sold at the end of the year at lower margins, purchase price or even at a lost because the manufacturer is already promoting next year’s models.
- Company’s Management should be happier as they are more efficient now by avoiding having monies tied up in stock and in leasing display space.
- CFO is happier with more cash on hand and thus lowering his financial charges or making a return on the extra cash.
- Sales & Marketing are happier as the can make an strategy to up sell through the customer’s eyes and impulsive sales.
- Logistics they appear not to be happy as the rest, because they could think that the could be affected by redundancies because they appear to have less work with regard purchase, handling, storage, etc.. of the stock because the can finally implement JIT inventory management.
- CEO is extremely happy as the overhead has will go down and the EBT will be higher in absolute numbers and as % of Net Sales (ceteris paribus); and he now has options to improve it even more. If he think that demand is price elastic he can push further sales by transferring the part or all the lower overheads to customer prices thus giving a bump to sales and increasing EBIT in absolute numbers much more than what the savings provided, even if EBT as % of Net Sales remained almost constant. This is a Win – Win situation for both customers and the Company. As there is a situation of demand’s price elasticity in the demand and they rode the technology change, it became a Paradigm Shift, giving the company competitive advantage in both sides sales and cost structure that its competence can not imitate in the short/medium term… They changed the game (the so called paradigm shift).
- The Stockholders are very happy with the predicted Earnings per Share and the Dividend Prepayable expected on the 4 Quarter.
Be prepared to be amazed in the video that follows… This is what I call disruptive technology (the one you see every other decade or so) for the retail (B2B) sector of items that can be customized to order; If it’s capable of delivering 80% of what the video shows I will change the face of a few industries in very few years and one of the firms that stand to reap most benefit from this is AMAZON.
Take this advise make your own due diligence on the company at hand and if there are substitutes, if it’s positive, and if you can put some money in the early seeding rounds don’t hesitate… Or you’ll regret it later on.